Thursday, May 15, 2008

Day 2 in Beautiful Jomtien Beach

Sawasdee Ka to you all!

Another day in paradise, what can I say! The better the place the shorter the days. We have one and a bit days to go until we leave here and head to Bangers to catch the bus to Hua Hin and its not going to be easy to leave.

Today was another R & R day of generally relaxing and veging. As usual we were awake at sparrow fart and sat on the balcony and watched the waves on the beach as we drank our coffee. I went back to bed and watched tele while Rick tended to his normal daily obsession of the stockmarket on the computer.

We eventually got ourselves organised and walked up the road and thought we would try another restaurant for Brunch since it was too late to be calling it breakfast. Everyday I say I just want toast and coffee and always end up with bacon and eggs. If this keeps up we will be forced to catch trucks everywhere not buses because the seats in the buses won't be wide enough for us.

We thought it best we take a long walk and try and keep our big bodies moving after breakfast and with taking our Malaria tablets we have to stay upright for at least on hour. Thats a big ask! We found a nice little roadside shop that had heaps of clothes really cheap so finally I bought my newest grandson his birthday present (1 yr old - 30 May) and then found the post office to post it to him, minus a birthday card since I still haven't found them yet, I couldn't wrap it either as birthday paper doesn't exist here either. Anyway it cost us shit loads more for the postage than the actual present. But he is worth it. With that out of the way we decided to walk back to the hotel along the beach, I did promise myself a swim today, even though Rick felt the authorities wouldn't allow whales on the beach but after having seen masses of box jellyfish in the water I thought he is probably right, better the whale stays out of the water.

My left knee has been giving me the poops today as it was the one I used to break my fall yesterday in my endeavour to make a complete dick of myself publicly. I have cleaned it with the antiseptic wipes but is looking quite red and is very sore, so I went to the pharmacy up the road and got some dettol anitseptic cream, if its no better by the time we get to Hua Hin I will visit a doctor just to be on the safe side. Can't do this trip with one leg!

Rick has decided to put off having his teeth done until we get back home. The last thing we need is for him to be whinging in pain with a sore mouth while we are travelling. These Antibiotics and painkillers the dentist gave him I am sure are called asshole pills because within half an hour of taking them he gets edgy and becomes the worlds biggest ASSHOLE! It only lasts a little while but its enough to piss me off. Thank god he only has 2 days left of taking them till he is finished and can change back from Dr Jekyl to the Rick I am used to.

Tonight we went back to this mornings restaurant for dinner and it was probably the second worst meal we have had so far on this trip. It was crap! Pad Thai that tasted like rubber and soup that looked and tasted like it was made with washing up water. No tip!

Once again I am sitting on the balcony of our room doing this blog and am being entertained by the music from the Elvis ( I didn't know Elvis was Thai) show downstairs in the outside restaurant. There is a nice breese blowing off the beach and the street below is alive with traffic and the occasional hoon car or motorbike with doof doof ringing out the latest Thai chartstopper, in Thai of course, and I think of how priviledged we are to be able to enjoy this and for being in such an amazing, friendy and beautiful country its just so diverse and culturally sound.

Anyway with that thought in mind I will say Kob ka (Good bye) Until tomorrows episode!

No comments: