Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Jomtien Beach - We are Here!

Wednesday - 14 May 08

Yo! We are finally away from Pattaya and 10 mins down the road in Jomtien Beach. It is so much more relaxing and quiet than Pattaya. We can now stroll the streets, the beach and market stalls in peace and not have to put up with any sleaze.

We were awake and packed early this morning we were just so eager to leave and get here. Our hotel room isn't quite as nice as the one in Pattaya but at least this one has a balcony and we are on the 4th floor overlooking Jomtien Beach and the ocean and have free Wi Fi internet, so I am sitting on our balcony typing out this blog looking over the beach and people watching. The hotel cost us twice as much (1100 baht) as the one in Pattaya but hey its the added extras and the bonus of the beach that makes it worth it.

We caught a Songteaw here to the hotel and checked in around 11.30 and unpacked some of our stuff and Rick had to do his sharemarket stuff on the computer so I had a bit of a quick Nanny snooze. We then decided to take a walk along the Esplanade and look for a cafe to have a quick bite and then grab our milk and supplies from the 7/11 store next door. When we were walking up to the cafe I was talking to Rick and not looking where I was going and fell off the gutter crossing the road and hit the deck and hard. All I could say was shit and all Rick could do was laugh, he is just such a helpful and caring man (not!) he says its payback for my laughing at him at the dentist when the dentist gave him the bad news about his teeth. He has been a bit of a shit since he has been on these antibiotics, thank god he only has to take them for 6 days. Anyway I cut my knees and elbow and besides saying a few choice words I am ok. As soon as we had lunch we headed back to the hotel and I had a shower and washed my wounds and got out the first aid travel pack and cleaned them with the antiseptic wipes. The streets here are pretty grose and dirty and I don't want any infections.

We bought some washing powder so I spent the arvo doing some washing by hand so now I have washing pegged on clothes hangers hanging all over the room, I would have hung them on the balcony but we had a wicked storm this arvo and it rained for an hour, I just hope they are dried by the time we leave Saturday.

After the rain finally cleared and I finished watching (old episode) of Home & Away on the Australia Channel we headed up to the restaurant to have dinner, gotta say its the best fried rice and chicken and cashews I have had in a long time. Good service and cheap food. its roughly costing us about $20 bucks a day for the two of us to have 3 good meals and guess what? We don't have to cook, wash up or do housework. Loving it! While we were waiting for our dinner this gorgeous little girl about 3-4 years old come to see if we would like to buy a single rose, she was selling in the restaurant, I told her she would have to talk to the boss (Rick) and she give me a kiss and then Rick one and told him 20 baht, very matter of fact, of course we couldn't say no, she was so funny and sweet and spoke only Thai.

Tomorrow I am going to join the rest of the whales on the beach and do a bit of sunbaking and maybe even a swim. Rick reckons they won't let me for fear I will cause a Tsunami (asshole), its just too nice not to and the weather is so humid during the day.

I wish we could stay here a bit longer it just so nice but we have booked and paid for our bus ticket to Bangers on Saturday. I would have to say that so far, here (Jomtien Beach) and Kanchanaburi (river kwai) are the best places we have visited and are to date our favourites. They are places you could visit time and time again and never get sick of.

Anyway better get on and finish my emails so his Lordship can have the computer. See Ya!

No comments: